Stand with seniors to improve access to dental care.
Medicare (the public health insurance we all get once we turn age 65) still doesn’t cover oral health. This leaves our seniors struggling to speak and eat nutritiously. It affects self-confidence and can lead to social isolation. Seniors on fixed incomes can’t afford the cost of expensive, private dental insurance or for paying out of pocket.
Make your voice heard.
Contact your representative and urge them to support oral health coverage for seniors.
- United States:
- County of Santa Cruz:
- City Councils:
- Capitola: https://www.cityofcapitola.org/citycouncil
- Santa Cruz: http://www.cityofsantacruz.com/government/city-council/councilmembers
- Scotts Valley: https://www.scottsvalley.org/249/City-Council
- Watsonville: https://www.cityofwatsonville.org/183/City-Council
We stand together for equity and justice for all.
To create change, we need to heal our society and one way to achieve that is through honest dialogue – creating a deeper understanding of our relationship with racism. We invite our staff, board and supporters to join us in this anti-racist fight.
We encourage you to take the following actions:
- VOTE: Change the system.
- The most important action that you can take is to vote … not just for presidential elections, but in every election. Put people in power who will support justice and work to end institutionalized racism.
- ADVOCATE: Raise your voice.
- Phone, write, and email your elected representatives to let them know we need change. Sign petitions to endorse the movement.
- SHARE Don’t be silent.
- Let your family, your children, friends, and followers across all your in-person and social media platforms know that you stand in solidarity with those who are oppressed.
- EMBRACE: Make it personal.
- Treat everyone you meet with respect, dignity and compassion. Do the work to question your assumptions and biases. Embrace the differences in our neighbors as part of the fabric that makes our community stronger.
- DEFEND: Stand against hatred.
- Raise awareness and speak courageously against racist views or prejudice, even when unintentional.
- GIVE: Help build momentum.
- Give to causes that are creating social change so that equity, opportunity, and justice are not just words – they are actions.