We are anti-racist.
The recent racial violence and injustice that has plagued our country is heart breaking. While it is in the news headlines today, we all know it is not new. These systemic issues have been here for hundreds of years and they need to STOP.
At Dientes, we stand together in our condemnation of racism in all its forms.
We stand together for equity and justice for all.
We believe that having access to oral healthcare is a social justice issue -- one that we fight to correct every day. Dientes addresses inequities created by race, ethnicity, language, zip code, income, education, gender, and age by providing access to high quality, affordable oral healthcare – so that everyone has the dignity that comes from a healthy smile. We also do this by supporting a diverse workforce and providing opportunities for all races and genders to advance in their careers.
To create change, we need to heal our society and one way to achieve that is through honest dialogue – creating a deeper understanding of our relationship with racism. We invite our staff, board and supporters to join us in this anti-racist fight.
We encourage you to take the following actions:
- VOTE: Change the system.
- The most important action that you can take is to vote … not just for presidential elections, but in every election. Put people in power who will support justice and work to end institutionalized racism.
- ADVOCATE: Raise your voice.
- Phone, write, and email your elected representatives to let them know we need change. Sign petitions to endorse the movement.
- SHARE: Don’t be silent.
- Let your family, your children, friends, and followers across all your in-person and social media platforms know that you stand in solidarity with those who are oppressed.
- EMBRACE: Make it personal.
- Treat everyone you meet with respect, dignity and compassion. Do the work to question your assumptions and biases. Embrace the differences in our neighbors as part of the fabric that makes our community stronger.
- DEFEND: Stand against hatred.
- Raise awareness and speak courageously against racist views or prejudice, even when unintentional.
- GIVE: Help build momentum.
- Give to causes that are creating social change so that equity, opportunity, and justice are not just words – they are actions.
And to make it clear that this message is more than just talk, this year, Dientes will survey staff about our practices and policies, to make sure we are addressing systemic issues and inequities. For this movement to be successful we all need to listen and take action – not just make statements. This is our commitment to you.
Use the following links to take action.
Links to Donate:
- Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE): https://www.acceaction.org/
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU): https://www.aclu.org/
- Black Lives Matter (BLM): https://blacklivesmatter.com/
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP): https://www.naacp.org/
- National Urban League (NUL): https://nul.org/